Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki which is “life force energy”. So Reiki is actually “spiritually guided life force energy.”
A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing. Many have reported miraculous results.
Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
- Loosens up blocked energy, promotes a state of deep relaxation and calmness
- Relaxes the body, significantly reduces stress, tension, anxiety and depression
- Supports the body’s natural ability to heal itself
- Vitalises both the body and the soul
- Balances the body’s energies
- Helps release negative emotions and energy
- Aids better sleep
- Can assist the body in cleansing itself from toxins
- Raises the vibrational frequency of the body
- Assists with the exploration and transformation of limiting or negative attitudes, beliefs, behaviours and emotions that adversely affect health, well-being and personal fulfilment.
- Provides the opportunity to connect with your true self and expand your level of awareness, leading to growth and personal empowerment.
Just for today, I will let go of my worry.
Just for today, I will give thanks for my many blessings.
Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
Just for today, I will be kind to my neighbour and every living thing.
One of the most important aspects of the principles is the phrase Just for Today.
Living in the moment, being aware of what is going on around you causes you to live in the present.
Consider the thoughts that have been going through your mind.
Are they present centered? Or are you thinking about the past or future?
The past is gone and the future has not arrived yet, so for today, try to stay in the moment you are in.
The session is conducted on a standard massage table in order for the client to enjoy a very comfortable and peaceful experience. Clients remain fully clothed but are advised to wear socks and remove their shoes. Sessions are typically scheduled for 1 hour but can be tailored to meet the individual needs of each client.
The Reiki session begins with a series of hand placements starting at the crown of the head working down towards the feet while the client is lying on their back. The touch is very gentle with no pressure applied or the hands may be placed slightly above the receiver. The amount of time spent on a particular area varies from 3-5 minutes.
Is Reiki Safe?
This natural and gentle practice is safe and effective for adults, pregnant women, children and pets with no serious side effects associated from a Reiki treatment. Each session provides a very soothing and relaxing experience that enhances vitality and healing for everyone.